Majiggers and Dohickeys

So it's been a few days.  I've cleared out the hallway completely and it's ready to go.

Being that I am the world's most impatient person when a DIY task is at hand... I plugged in the handheld Mouse sander and got to work.   You know... just to see how well it worked.

I must say that when one's partner pops into the hardware store and buys one a power tool, I would say that's a good indication one has the green light to proceed.  no?  Nonetheless,  I did the old Hail Mary crossing my chest thing, tied a tea towel bandana style around my face and began sanding the stair railings. I started on the flat parts of the railing only to find the mouse doesn't fit between them.  ergh.   Then discovered that the sander did a little better job on the corners and sticky out bits than I liked.  grrrmph.  Then realized there's about 15 more of these rails to do.  ugh.

This is going to take a while.

I'm going to need more sandpaper.

Oh and we're getting the wallpaper steamer majigger thing tomorrow.  wheee!  We're on a timeline for the wallpaper removal so sanding will have to wait for later.


Comments